Image Map

Monday, February 11, 2013

Joy and Excitement

So just a few random things I've thought about over the last few days.

One, I thought it was awesome that I was right last time I wrote about how my students wouldn't like me much because I was giving them homework.
Seriously, I have never heard that group complain so much.
And I have never gotten so many compliments in such a short period of time. From my hair, to my outfit, to my shoes... They could have been spending time in class working on their homework, but they chose to spend their time kissing up and trying to get me to not give homework.

____
"But Ms. Peterson, you're our favorite teacher!"
"Thank you, I'm glad I'm your favorite teacher! But you still have homework."
So much fun!


On to the next. I love being a mom. It is the best thing ever.
And I love how there are so many different ways for KBug to call me "mom". And I love how I know what she needs based on how she refers to me.
____
If she calls me "Mom", she's being very matter-of-fact and serious about the conversation. This is what I get when she's really focused on something that means something to her. Whether it's the shoes she plans to wear for the day or the way she's doing her homework or what she wants to do next, she gets so serious sometimes. I love to watch her beautiful brain work!
____
If she calls me "Mommy", she's usually about to ask for something, but sometimes she's just trying to be super sweet. I absolutely LOVE when she comes up to me out of the blue and just says "Mommy, I love you!" and gives me a kiss. It is just too precious and those moments are part of what makes motherhood so amazing.
____
If she calls me "Mama", she needs love, love, love. I'm talking major hugs and kisses and cuddles. KBug often calls me "mama" in the middle of the night when she's had a bad dream or just woke up and is half asleep or when she's talking in her sleep. And, even though no one really likes to be woken up in the middle of the night, I know that when she's calling for her mama, she really needs to feel loved. And it is so special to know that she needs me to be the one who loves on her and comforts her. Again, those moments are a part of what makes me just love being a mother.


NEXT!
I am loving not being in a relationship.
This has been THE BEST ten months of my life. No joke.
Not having to worry about making time for someone has been so awesome.
And I have been able to spend SO much time with KBug.
Amazing!


And, last but not least.....
Dance. I really miss dance.
BUT! I'm super excited because I have a show on Tuesday night! Woohoo!
And I tried my dress on last night.... And it zipped up just as easily as it did when I was 15!
Hard work seriously pays off and I am even MORE excited for this show.
Oh, and I have another show next month for the school for St. Patrick's Day. Third year in a row!

 
AND, I taught KBug a light jig. AND, I took a video. AND, it was really super cute.

Well...
That's all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...