Image Map

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wedding Updates [2]

We are finally rolling full steam ahead with the wedding plans! Don't worry, I'm still paying plenty of attention to work and school... They're just not my top choice to write about right now. So I'm going to write about the wedding happenings!

First things first, if you haven't read our engagement story, you can read that by clicking here.
Also, if you didn't catch the first update I wrote, you can check that out here.

Now, on to the new stuff!

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to start calling reception venues to see what we could find. Well, I did start calling. And it was either booked or no one would call me back. I seriously put in calls to every venue in existence in the area. Except one.

A few weeks into our engagement we attended an event for the school that I work for. I instantly fell in love when the venue and immediately began asking questions. When we mentioned that we were looking at a June wedding, we were told that they were booked solid all the way from the beginning of April to the end of June and into July next year. Once we finalized the date as May 31st, I basically gave up on that particular venue believing it to be booked.

After several weeks of calling and being disappointed by a number of places, I decided to just call the venue I originally wanted. I figured it was a long shot, but worth a try because I was seriously on the verge of just saying we weren't going to have a reception. It had been that awful.

So I gave them a call, left a message and we got in touch. And much to my everlasting amazement, they were available that day! I'm not kidding, our wedding day is the only Saturday available in that venue from April until mid-July next year. Talk about meant to be! We discussed price and I asked all of the important questions and said I would get back to them.

It took Pat, Gramma and I all of about three minutes to decide that this was the place and that it must have been meant to be! I called back immediately and we scheduled a meeting for today to draft a contract. This afternoon Pat, Kaley and I made our way over, went over the contract details and signed away. We officially have a reception venue in the middle of downtown! It's gorgeous and I cannot wait to figure out decorations!


What else has been accomplished? A wedding website! I finally put together a wedding website. Eventually I will give the link to everyone who has been invited to the wedding, but for now I've kept it to the bridal party and family. I'm using it as a place to post all of the necessary information they need to know. For example, where do the men go to be fitted for their outfit? And what color shoes do the bridesmaids need? And what color should my mom and Pat's mom be wearing? Yup, that's all on there! Now I don't have to answer the same question via text message from what feels like 17 million different people. Easier on me, easier on them. No one is forgetting anything and no one is forgotten!

Pat and I also decided on a ring bearer. Traditionally the ring bearer is a little boy, but we're going to be untraditional. Our ring bearer is actually going to be his niece. She's seriously one of the sweetest little girls I have ever met and I am so delighted that her mother is willing to let us include her in our ceremony. She and Kaley are going to wear the same dress, Kaley will hold a basket of flowers and Dalayna will walk down with Kaley carrying the rings on a bible. I think it's going to be absolutely adorable!


Our engagement photos came in a couple of weeks ago! If you follow me on Facebook you've seen a few of the photos as I've posted them. I am absolutely thrilled with the way they turned out and Kaci from Sweet Pea Photography did a fabulous job!

Right now I'm fiddling with them a little bit trying to create a Save the Date card that I like. I've made five. And I'm still not sure I have the right design, but I'll share my two favorites up to this point with you. Remember, they are a work in progress and I'm still creating and tweaking!

#1

#2

And that's where we are with our wedding plans right now. Next big task to tackle? Centerpieces and food. Oh, I actually purchased the vases for our centerpieces last night! $1 each from the Dollar Tree. Now to just figure out exactly what it is that I want to do with them....... I'm thinking water and floating, flameless tea lights with ivy!

And now I'll leave you with just a few of my favorites from our engagement photos!







34 weeks, 1 day, 16 hours and 22 minutes

1 comment:

  1. #2 for the Save the Date....I love it! And the photos are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...