Image Map

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

As KBug Starts Second Grade

My baby girl is starting second grade tomorrow. It's seriously scary and I am stressing over this year more than any other year. But I think I say that every year. This year carries some new things with it, though. So I thought I would write down some things I want her to know before she begins her academic year.

*Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. You're little, just be yourself. It doesn't matter as much as you already think it does. (Sidenote- why do kids worry about so much at such a young age now!?)
*The bully is gone. You are safe this year. Your teacher knows, your mom knows, Gramma knows and Mr. Boston knows the troubles we've faced in the past. You will be completely safe from all teasing and physical harm this year, I promise.
*You are capable. Don't worry about the hard stuff. You thought last year was hard and you made it through. Just trust me when I say you can do it.
*Math will get easier. I know you hate it, I know you struggle, but it will get better as you get older. Once you've got the basics, you'll be good to go. And you're almost there!
*Don't sweat the silly names people call you. Your name is part of your identity. As long as YOU know who you are, nothing else matters.
*Stay true to yourself. Someone who is as smart and beautiful and sweet as you shouldn't try to change for anyone.
*Everybody has bad days. No one is perfect. If you don't get 100% on your AR test, it's OK! No one will be mad at you and it's not the end of the world.
*You are loved. Always. By so many people both at home and at school. Always remember that you are loved.

Short and sweet, but I think it's important to write it down. And I'm going to read it to her tomorrow before school. It might not set in, but I'm going to try. That's all we can do as parents anyways!

2 comments:

  1. I teach second grade. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Such a good momma :) crazy she starts on a Thursday! A starts 26 I'm a nervous wreck
    Hope K has a Great day :)
    *Candice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...