Image Map

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Currently.

I've been such a slacker lately. I haven't written in almost a week. And that was to tell you all about how my amazing Mr. Boston proposed to me! Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Anyways... I figured I would write about some of the things that are going on in our lives right now.
Wedding Planning
 
Honestly at this point what I consider wedding planning is pinning things on Pinterest. I've had a wedding board on Pinterest for over a year now and it certainly had it's fair share of awesome ideas, but I've started pinning more selectively. I've also created different boards to pin for different parts of the wedding (reception, photos, invitations, etc.).
 
Aside from that, I haven't accomplished much. Well, except for choosing the wedding colors, picking out my bridesmaids dresses, finding KBug's flower girl dress and purchasing my wedding gown!
 
I went in to David's Bridal (of course) last weekend to just look around. I wasn't planning on making any purchases, but just getting a general sense of what colors I really liked and what sort of dress I might like. One thing led to another and my consultant had me trying on dresses. I tried on four dresses and the minute I put the fourth one on, it was a perfect fit, and I just knew that was it! And my consultant just kept adding little things to make it even more perfect. So Gramma and I decided to purchase it because it all seemed too perfect to just walk away! Seriously, how often does anyone walk into David's Bridal and walk out with a wedding gown? No alterations needed, the had all of the pieces I wanted in stock and it was the best experience I have ever had! And they took a video and had me ring the bell and I cried.
 
And that's as far as I've gotten on wedding plans. I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head, but it will be a while before they all come to be reality. I'll check in as I do more, though, I promise! And I'll definitely check in after we have our engagement photos taken in a few weeks!
 
Schoolwork
 
Well, I submitted two assignments yesterday. Go me! One of them came back with a passing grade, the other had a few revisions necessary. No big deal. I completed the revisions this morning, had my assignment looked over by a course mentor who gave me the go ahead and then I submitted it again. Hopefully I get a passing grade back in the next day or two. Once that is graded, I will have completed 12 units in two months and only have 25 units to complete before I'm officially graduated! I'm so incredibly excited, you have no idea! And school is my top priority. Wedding planning would be much more fun, but I have to finish my degree. Besides, the wedding isn't for another ten months. I've got plenty of time!
 
Work
 
I go back to work next Monday. I finally found out that I'm teaching Religion this year for grades 4-8. Fourth and Fifth grade is a combined class at our school this year, so I'm teaching four classes a day. I'm also coordinating the weekly school mass, coming up with service projects, managing the altar servers, organizing our Adopt-A-Highway clean up and teaching Faith Formation every Sunday night. And don't forget I'm also a cheer team coach again this year! I've got a seriously full plate, but I'm really excited.
 
And, go me, I've figured out how I plan to run my classroom to make it easier on me in terms of workload and grading. There will be a Prayer of the Month test every month. This is something that middle school had last year and it was a big learning experience for all of them. Basically they'll get a new prayer each month, have about four weeks to memorize it and then be given a test. Not so hard.
 
They'll also have a weekly quiz every Friday. This will cover what we've talked about through the week and requires them to have paid enough attention to retain the big topics we've discussed. I think having to remember our conversations for longer than a day will make a big difference. Maybe a few of the big things will really sink in and they'll really learn something.
 
Homework will be given out in a packet at the beginning of every week. It's due at the beginning of the period on Friday. If you didn't complete your packet, guess what? You're doing it right then and there. Consequence? You lose Friday Fun Day. I know these kids are getting older, but they haven't lost their childhood. They still love to play games and do arts and crafts and just do silly activities. What we do will still have something to do with the discussions and topics from the week, but it'll be fun and enjoyable.
 
Quarter projects. The middle school classes had to do these last year. Largely they hated them, but I'm hoping to find ways to make it more fun. For example, the first quarter we are focusing on Saints. The middle school students will be assigned a Saint and they will have to do enough research to create a Fakebook for their Saint. They'll have certain criteria to meet and deadlines for their research. But they all know Facebook and I think it'll be a new twist on the assignment that they might actually enjoy. Fourth and Fifth grade? They're going to learn how to make brochures for their Saints!
 
Housework
 
Basically my house is a mess right now. Why? Well, PJP moved out and life got crazy. When PJP left, I moved back into the upstairs room. This created an open room which we used to give KBug a playroom because I was tired of her toys taking over her bedroom and it being such a mess. I really don't like stepping on Legos when I go to put her to bed. So the playroom was painted, and so was her room. Mostly everything is set up in the playroom, but not all of my stuff has made it upstairs yet. My living room is a total disaster. But I'm planning to get that cleaned up tomorrow before the neighbors children come over tomorrow evening. I can do it.
 
And that's pretty much what we have going on. Starting back to work will be interesting next week. I'm really excited! I'm going to put together my bulletin boards Friday morning which will be awesome and meetings begin on Monday. KBug says she isn't ready to go back but, trust me, she's ready. She's so bored with summer at this point and there's not much I can do with her at this stage of the game because we have so much going on. So next Thursday when school starts will be a blessing for all of us.
 
Let the craziness of the next ten months begin!

4 comments:

  1. You're quite the busy bee! & REALLY REALLY on the ball with wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can not believe you already found your dress!! You go lil momma!!! I can't wait to see it all come together you are so deserving of a life time of happiness :)
    ~Candice @http://mylittlecircusandme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I saw you on the link up and it's my first time stopping by the blog. It looks like you have a lot going on. And it's all great, positive things. Go you! That is amazing how you can balance it all. I'm curious, since you're getting married, are you going to change your blog name? Have a great night. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman/mother I am so glad you have you're life straight and this man MR. Boston sounds so amazing. You should move you're wedding day up to the end of the year and start a family with more children. My idea is you should marry this man now before he gets away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...