Image Map

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Five Things I Strongly Dislike About Summer

Summer is coming up quick! And I am really excited to have so much time to spend with my daughter! Well, as much time as I can while still working in finishing up my degree. I'm majorly confident I can get everything done that I want to, though, and still have time left over to enjoy myself. And maybe even eat and sleep on occasion. But anyways.

Even though I absolutely love summer time and all of the wonderful weather it brings my way, I was thinking the other day that there are still some things I really loathe about the onset of summer, too. So I decided to make a list and today I am going to share that list with all of you lovely people out there. Here it goes.


 
.shaving.
 
This one is actually something weird for me. Honestly, in the winter, I shave every day. But the difference between shaving in the winter and shaving in the summer? I don't have to in the winter. I just choose to because I'm weird and absolutely can't stand that prickly feeling on my legs. I've had people tell me that if I just wait it out a day or two it gets soft and it won't bother me, but I can't seem to wait. It just bothers me. But in the summer it isn't an option. I want to wear shorts and capris and skirts. I want to go to the beach and sit in the sun and enjoy the great outdoors. But I certainly don't want to do any of those things feeling like a wooly mammoth. And I feel like a wooly mammoth by the end of every day, it's that bad for me. So I have to shave my legs on a daily basis instead of it just being an option.
 
.window tan.
 
Everyone knows about this one. You know how you spend a lot of time in the car during the summer? It's really your best opportunity to go places, see people and enjoy new experiences with your SO and/or your little ones. Well, spending all of that time in the car to go spend the day somewhere means you have half of your body sitting in the sun. And sitting in the sun means tanning. So if you always drive everywhere, it's inevitable that a week into summer, your left arm is likely to be slightly darker than your right. And by the end of the summer? Oh boy, it can be a big difference in color! You could try to even it up by applying sun screen to the arm in the sun every time you go to get in the car, but really? Who is going to remember to sun screen one arm every time they go somewhere? Not This Girl, that's for sure!
 
.ceiling fans.
 
I know, I know, I'm weird. I get that, I accept it, it's no big deal to me. But I seriously dislike using ceiling fans. I'm not saying that I don't use them. I'm saying that I don't like using them. Why? Because they're impossible to set so it's just right. You'd figure with at least three speeds, you'd be able to find something comfortable. But no. It's just not a happening thing. On the lowest setting, the fan is barely stirring up the air. And the air it does stir up? It just sits at the same level as the fan, providing zero relief for us short people down below. Setting number two? It's a little bit faster. But still not enough to really make an impact and cool down the space, especially if the space is larger than 5'x5'. But that third speed? The ceiling fan is about to fly off the freaking ceiling and murder you. And after a while they start to squeak and then you really feel like it's about to sprout wings and take off around the room. It's ridiculous. So, you see, it's really a no-win situation.
 
.showering.
 
Please understand that I have no issue with the concept of actually showering. I absolutely love my time in the shower because it seems to be the only fifteen minutes of peace I can count on to have on a daily basis. Between KBug, PJP and GMa, there's always something going on. But I can always just say "I'm hopping in the shower" and escape the craziness for a little while. However, in the summer time, especially here in North Carolina, it seems kind of pointless to shower. Why? Well, because we have this thing called humidity. And you can run the fan while you're in the shower to try and alleviate the steam that your shower is producing, and it may work. But even if it works and there's no steam in the room when you step out of the shower, you can guarantee you'll be damp and sticky within thirty seconds. And you can forget stepping outside. In addition to being damp and sticky after your shower, you'll have a layer of sweat covering every inch of your body to go with it.
 
.pedicures.
 
I can be a girly girl. I love getting pedicures. But I don't like the cost associated with them. They're freaking expensive! So in the winter I really don't worry about it. My toes are usually shoved into a pair of socks or slippers or closed toed shoes depending on where I am and what I have going on. But during the summer I'm all about the flip-flops. But if I'm going to wear flip-flops, I feel like my feet and my toes should look pretty. After all, they're on display for the whole world to see. And who really wants to see someone walking around in cute flip-flops when their toes and feet look awful?? Not me! And I don't want to be the one parading around that way. It's not nice to those around me!
 
 

So, there you have it. Five Things I Strongly Dislike About Summer.

9 comments:

  1. I also hate ceiling fans, and you perfectly described why, they seem almost pointless to me, but alas the people in my house swear they are unable to sleep without them. And we have that horrible humidity here in Oklahoma too, it is awful and you break a sweat simply walking out the door.
    www.mommysrambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all weird in our own sort of way. Only thing i dont like about summer is the having to shave alot. and I'm opposite with the fans. I cant sleep without my ceiling fan or my box fan. I sleep with them on 365 days a year. :D

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you on the showering. I'm usually a night shower person, but when it's hot and I sweat all night, I just can't get up and get dressed without having another shower, which totally dries out my skin, but lotion won't stay on because of sweating, ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaving is definitely number one on my list (tied with scorching hot weather)! I have to shave so often, but this summer, I'm going to try and do it only once a week to see how that goes...LOL!!

    Found you through the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha my partner alwaysss gets window tans, he catches sun so easy when we are in the car!

    Found your blog through the friday chaos blog hop :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaving!! i just hate to shave so often.
    Am also from blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with the shaving! But mine's for a different reason... I hate shaving in general, but during the summer, I can't wear pants all the time. I need to wear dresses, and skirts and shorts, and I HAVE to shave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha ... the window tan is classic. That is so annoying!
    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate shaving, I truly do. I do it as little as possible that is socially acceptable. lol

    Thanks for sharing your favorite post at Raising Imperfection! We feature our favorites on Friday, make sure to come back and check.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...