Image Map

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Homework This Week [KBug's and Mine]

So after spending the majority of my day working on this marketing paper I am very ready for this marketing paper to just be done and over already. Honestly, it's not that hard. But it's time consuming. And it's annoying. And I'm not even a Marketing student.

I understand why it would be important for me to have knowledge of the concepts of marketing and promotion. But why do I have to write an entire marketing plan? Wouldn't my time be better spent studying for me HUGE Human Resources exam I have to take in just two months time? Well, one would think. But nooooo.... Marketing plan first.


Anyways. I'm not here to rant about my schoolwork. I'm actually very pleased with my school status right now. I have the entire worksheet done for my last class of the term and I plan to write and submit it by the end of the day Sunday. I'm basically losing an entire weekend to this paper, but it will be worth it to have it done since the final due date is next Wednesday. Yay!

And then I'll only have 39 units left to complete my degree! It comes down to 8 classes. And my mentor and I are confident that I can have them all completed and passed by the end of August if I just sit down and put my mind to it. Which I will because I want to be done and move on with my Master's degree already.

That's what I'm really focused on. I want to be a teacher, officially I mean. I'm a teacher now. I may be a teacher next year. But I want to officially be a teacher, on paper, degree in hand, so I can teach anywhere. That's my end goal.

I just have to complete all of my mini-goals on the way to my end goal.
 
But on to what I really wanted to talk about this evening. I wanted to talk about KBug's latest assignment at school and how proud I am of her for working so hard on it.
 
Usually on Monday's KBug comes home with a list of her homework for the week. But not this week. This week I opened her bright yellow folder to find a note saying that the homework for the week was to create a timeline of their life. This had to be student made, with minimal help from the parents. It had to include pictures, either photographs taken or illustrations by the student. I was excited to get started and so was KBug.
 
Unfortunately, like it always seems to, the week got away from us. KBug managed to have all of her photos picked out, but we were scrambling this afternoon to put the finished product together. KBug did an excellent job, though. She and I went through her pictures, picked the ones she liked best and organized them neatly on the table. Then she chose the color paper she wanted. Now, being KBug, we had to have pink, but she wanted red, too. And then she wanted them to alternate when we stapled them together. I felt like we were making a giant Valentine's Day card or something.
 

After we stapled everything together, KBug took hold of the scissors. If you don't know KBug, let me tell you that this can be terrifying. Why? Well, because she has a history of cutting her clothes and her hair just because she can. I am completely aware of the fact that she is now seven years old and absolutely knows better, but I still worry. I'm that mom. But she did a wonderful job with the scissors and even went so far as to use different patterned scissors so that each one looked different. Well, until she ran out of patterned scissors and she had to recycle and use some of the ones that were previously used.
 
 
KBug eventually got all of her pictures cut out and glued down to the correctly numbered paper, from "0 years old" to "7 years old". I'm the genius who purchased nine new glue sticks for KBug's birthday party craft, used them, cleaned them up and put them in a safe place. But do I remember where that safe place is? Of course not. So KBug was extra careful when she used her Elmer's glue and paint brush to put her pictures in place.
 
 
And then we took a break for dinner. But when we came back from dinner, KBug went straight to the table and picked up her pen to get to writing her sentences about her pictures. She did a very good job with her sentences and spelling, especially for it being late in the evening. She was up late last night (sneaky child snuck out of her room and got her iPod to play games...) and was getting tired quickly. But, even though she was tired, she was very focused on doing a good job.
 
 
After she finished writing her captions for each picture, KBug wanted a picture with her entire timeline. But since we stapled eight 9x12 pieces of construction paper together to create it, there was no way her little arms were going to stretch wide enough for her to hold it up. So what did she decide to do?
 
 
Yes, my darling child decided to lay on the floor and take a picture with her timeline. She couldn't sit up, we couldn't hang it on the wall temporarily. No, KBug had to lay on the floor to take her picture. Oh well, at least I swept the floors yesterday and she was headed for the shower anyways!
 
So that was our homework adventure this afternoon. KBug had a fabulous time looking through all of the pictures I've taken of her over the years this week and I think it really made her feel loved and appreciated somehow. It's amazing how something as small as a set of pictures can make someone so happy. Usually our afternoons and evenings are insane and full of arguments about little nothings. But today KBug was happy as can be and willing to put in the work to complete this assignment.
 
Now I just need her teachers to come up with a new assignment she loves every week so I can continue to experience and enjoy peace in the evenings!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like all was a success. She seems to be a small little lady. Good luck with things and all that it takes to get your degree. But in the end once you get it you'll be very proud of yourself and know how much work it took in order to get there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...