Image Map

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Our Easter Sunday

Well, today was Easter Sunday. And we had a fantastic Easter Sunday.

Every year we go to church on Saturday night for the Easter Vigil so that we can enjoy a nice, relaxing brunch at home on Easter Sunday, and this year was no exception.

Though I'm not sure how far I can run with the relaxing part..... KBug was up at what seemed like the crack of dawn to me (I couldn't fall asleep until after 1am last night...) but was really actually a decent hour. And she made a bee-line to her basket from the Easter Bunny! She was ecstatic over the six boxes of Peeps she received, and couldn't wait to take her new ball outside to play with the dog! It was really cute and I was so happy she was so excited.

Then we all got dressed because we had friends (who are really family) coming over for the day! These friends are our second family. I have known the husband since middle school and the wife since high school and their son is my Godson. I love them so much and even though we have had our ups and downs, I am thankful for them everyday. And I admire them. They have shown such courage and perseverance in their marriage and their life together and it's been absolutely amazing to watch them grow together in life and in love. Sure they have days where they maybe can't stand to be around one another, and they each do little things that sets the other off, but that's just life. And they don't let it get to them as much as some other couples I know. And they pull it together for their son because they adore him. It's beautiful.

So anyways, they came over. We had brunch. KBug and TJ hunted for Easter eggs in our backyard (and our dog, Izzy, snatched the candy out of a few of them) and then the kiddos settled in to watch a movie. Or, rather, we stashed them in KBug's room in the hopes that they would watch a movie so we could have a little bit of peace. It didn't last long. They were soon back outdoors, and TJ took it upon himself to water a portion of the backyard. And he did so by bringing a watering can in the house, filling it with water and marching it back outdoors. Repeatedly. Which means that my floors got a bit wet, but he had fun. So it was completely worth it, even if I do have to mop sometime tomorrow because we all know that dirt+water=mud. Ah, the joys of having young children around!

We all decided at some point or another that we wanted to go see a movie. So we picked a time, and when we were all ready to go, we headed out the door. Us, Kids, GMa and even PJP. We all went to see The Croods. Well, we all went to see The Croods with the exception of PJP who chose to abandon us in favor of GI Joe: Retaliation. And we all thought the movie was really well done and very cute! Well, with the exception of TJ, but getting a 3-year-old to sit through a 100 minute movie is not a happening event, so we understand.

After the movie, my second family went home and we all came back here. KBug got in the bath tub and I sat down to watch the episodes of "Army Wives". Now, my experiences with these three episodes of this particular show will be recounted in a separate post, which will likely immediately follow this one. I've been creating it in my head for a couple of hours now and it seems to have taken on a life and mind of it's own and could be quite lengthy. You'll have to check back later to find out.

Moving on.

Genius that I am, I managed to completely forget that I had arranged a Skype call between DD and KBug for this evening. Thankfully I was logged into Skype on my phone and it notified me of the call so I didn't have him blowing up my phone with text messages wondering where we were. I quickly grabbed KBug out of the tub, threw her bathrobe on her and signed in for our call. Phew- we made it!

They talked for a little while about Easter, KBug's report card, the tooth she lost this week, following the rules- thank you DD for telling her she didn't have to actually follow them, but she just has to look like she's following them. I really appreciate that- and a few other random topics. Nothing too substantial to report, to be honest. And I knew when KBug hopped up to go find food that she was ready to be done with the conversation. She was bored and obviously food was the solution. So I had her say goodbye and that was the end. Easy enough!

Since it's Easter break and KBug doesn't have school tomorrow, I let her watch a movie in bed to fall asleep. Well, the movie just ended about half an hour ago when my last episode of "Army Wives" did and out came KBug, and she clearly hadn't been to sleep yet. *sigh* Oh well. So I cuddled her a bit and put her back to bed.

She is now sleeping peacefully, with her favorite bedtime music and a crack in her door to let the hall light in. KBug never used to be scared of the dark, but it's been getting to her more and more lately. I wish I knew why... Hmm...

But now, here I sit, recounting my day to known and unknown readers on the internet. I really love being able to write for my blog. It helps me unwind at the end of the day, and keeps my head clear. It's helpful and soothing in ways I never would have expected.

I hope you all had a blessed Easter.

3 comments:

  1. That was a rather long and lengthy post but no sweating it. That's personally the kind of blogs I like. Now a days people dont know what they like really if you want to know the truth of the matter. Sorry that K-bug is scared of the dark. Have you tried to ask her why? Is she having night mares? I take it your hubby or ex hubby is in the service or something or am i wrong? I love how you blog. I dont know what the word is other than good.

    I like to let the ladies that I read know that I am following them and reading them and that I comment them with of course comments. Some people dont feel this way and some people just follow to just follow and read and never comment. Sorry but this aggravates the crap out of me. Blogging to me is suppose to be about unwinding like you said and venting and getting fellow bloggers advice on the matters you talked about even if they've been thru it their-selves.

    I use to be like a mom to my now ex's daughter. I did it for 7 yrs. from the time she was 3 to 10 yrs old. She was scared of the dark. Even at age 10. Not sure why exactly either. But a night light in her room helped.

    I've also been told that having the code that you have to type out before your comment gets thru that people dont like that so that's why they dont comment. I say they don't do it b/c they are simply lazy. It doesnt bother me to type out a verification code in order for my comment to go thru.

    Would love to hear from you girl! Have a nice night and glad you and the kiddos had a good Easter.

    I watch Army Wives too and I dont get why they arent playing or showing previews for the next Sunday after the current episode is over. Have you watched from day one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I'm sorry if my post was long- I didn't intend for it to be. Just keeping updated on our lives, I suppose.

      KBug has a night light in her room and always has. And she has had night terrors from the time she was 8 months old, so that's no different. I can't figure out what the trigger was. But we'll get through it.

      My ex-husband was in the military, and my boyfriend is currently deployed in Afghanistan. With any luck, though, he will be home soon! I'm very ready for this deployment to end.

      I understand why you comment, and I thank you for it. I wish I had time to comment on every post I read, and I wish I could read every post in my Reading List, but the time isn't always there. I do try my best to read as many as I can, though!

      Keep your head up, hun, and happy blogging!
      Maybe we can find some time tomorrow to email again?
      :)
      Christine

      Delete
    2. Hun I enjoy long and lengthy post. The longer the better b/c I do exactly the same. I'm happy to know we share a love for the same show. Army Wives. I'm in the middle of your Army Wives post now and enjoying it and will comment on it when I'm done. Hopefully we can email tomorrow. That sounds good. I love emails.

      I'm surprised you watch Army Wives having a man in the service and an ex one in it as well. I've talked to other service wives and they dont watch it b/c they deal it with it on a every day basis.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...