Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Look Back at KBug's First Year

So I was going through the photos on my Gramma's computer last night and came across a number of them from KBug's first year of life. The computer I had all of those saved to when she was younger crashed and we weren't able to get them off the hard drive to transfer to my new laptop. I thought I had lost them.

How is it possible that I have lived with my Gramma for over 5 years now and not realized she had these pictures?
Pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.
 
But now I have them, and I thought I would give you a look at KBug when she was younger. Not that she isn't still young, because I know she is even if I'm beginning to feel old, but she was just so little! It's hard for me to imagine that my little baby is going to be seven years old in just a matter of days. It's beautiful and baffling all at once.
 
And now I'm rambling.
 
OK, here's the pictures!
 

This is one of her first pictures in the hospital. She was less than 24 hours old.
 
KBug is sleeping in her bonnet as we get ready to go home after three days in the hospital!

Hanging out at home. She loved to sit up against my legs like this.

 Sleeping peacefully at 1 week old

Meeting Daddy for the first time. 2 weeks, 1 day old.
 
At her baptism. May 21, 2006.
 
Being baptized by Deacon Gary. His first baptism! May 21, 2006.
 
In her baptismal gown. The same gown I wore, and my mother wore.
It may have gone back another generation, but I don't remember for certain.
 
The rest of these are after our move to North Carolina.
Starting to smile big! (3 months)
 
Making silly faces at Mommy (4 months)
 
Playing with her toes (4 months)
 
5 months
 
5 months
 
Pulling herself up to sit in the bouncer! (5 months)
 
At the aquarium (5 months)
 
Big girl sitting in her high chair with her hair up! (6 months)

Of course she had to model her Elmo outfit! (6 months)

Her first Halloween. (6 months)
Taken with a friend of her Daddy's.
 
Just hanging out with mom! (6 months)
 
First visit to see Santa! (7 months)

With my ex MIL, showing off her new hat! (7 months)

Big smiles with Gramma (7 months)

Playing with Gramma (7 months)

Sleepy baby KBug (7 months)
 
Silly girl (8 months)
 
Finally crawling! (8 months)
 
And she went right into learning how to stand (8 months)
 
I've always loved this picture of her (8 months)
 
With our friend before she moved away (9 months)
I miss her
 
Her first spaghetti eating experience! (9 months)
 
So she learned how to talk on the phone at a really young age... (10 months)
 
Standing all by herself, playing with ABC magnets (11 months)
 
Poor child had some crazy hair that day...
Banging on the back door at the dog (11 months) 

Staring down the cake at her first birthday party
My baby's a one year old!
 
Looks like she's making sure it's okay to eat it... (one year)
 
Guess she got the OK! (one year)
 
Want some?? (one year)
Well, there's a look back at KBug's first year. It amazes me how quickly they grow and it has been really nice to sit and go through those pictures. It's like I got to watch her grow up all over again! I'm sure as I have more opportunity, I will post more pictures from her toddler and preschooler days. I love seeing how little she was!
 
I love my KBug!

4 comments:

  1. Christine - Wow, I forgot how much she looks JUST like you did! She's starting to become her own person but in these pictures it's like looking at you!
    Also - at the risk of sounding condescending, I am really proud of you for using all of Kbug's pictures. Not just the "good ones" or the one's without her father, that takes lot of maturity on your part. You're a great mommy and she is so lucky to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look a lot like me. And she'll tell you, too. KBug is very happy to tell anyone that she looks mostly like her Mommy but she has her Daddy's ears!
      And thank you! I think it's important to show all aspects of her life, good and bad, with and without Daddy. Unfortunately the last time I got pictures of the two of them was in July of 2009 just before his second deployment and she was only three, but it's good for her to see that he was there at one point. It's important for her to know that he hugged her and kissed her and tickled her and did all of the things a Daddy is supposed to do, even if he only did them for a little while! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like some great pictures. Yea kids dont stay kids long now a days. One minute they are a baby and the next time they are 18.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...