Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

All Cleaned Out and Moving Forward

Here are some pictures from my cleaning adventures over the past couple of days.

This is a picture of my garage about halfway through the cleaning process.
I should have taken a real before picture, but I didn't think about it.....
 

Another halfway through cleaning picture.
 
This is my childhood in a box.
Elmo was always my favorite and I collected them when I was younger.

Here's my (mostly) clean garage!
The dresser has to go to the local trash site. It doesn't look it, but it's very broken.

See, bins are nice and stacked and labeled!

The back of my garage.
I'm pretty sure I will never have to buy another storage bin again.
 
The other side of the garage.
Everything on the right is going to the trash site, as well.

And this is my "war wound" from cleaning out storage.
The cart we were using to move things out attacked me.
I bruised instantly.
 
A few other things I learned while cleaning out my storage unit and garage:
 
my brother is completely terrified of spiders.
I'm not kidding. He had a fit over a daddy long legs.
 
I have read a LOT of books.
Why did I keep them all after I read them knowing I wouldn't read them again???
 

it is really difficult to clean with KBug trying to help.
Thank goodness she was invited to play with friends both afternoons!
 
the toe I've been thinking I broke about two months ago...
Yeah, after ramming it into various boxes and bins, I'm pretty sure it's actually broken.
 
GMa is getting so much stronger every day.
And I am very proud of her!
 
PJP really isn't much help when it comes to cleaning.
He claims he doesn't want to move anything because I'm likely to tell him he's doing it wrong and make him move it again. He's probably right on that one.
 
I'm really excited to go through the bin of glassware/bake ware and start using it all again!
I've always loved to bake!
 
I'm sure I learned quite a bit more than that, but it's all I can think of at the moment.
 
Currently we are having a lazy morning. KBug slept until 10 this morning. After not sleeping well again last night. We've really got to figure out what's eating at her and keeping her up until crazy hours of the night. We will definitely be sitting down and having a long conversation later about why she doesn't want to go to bed anymore. Maybe she will be able to break it down to a point where I can help her work through whatever this is.
 
I've spent the morning folding laundry, making breakfast and putting some things away in the house. There is still a lot more to be put away in order to get this house as clean as it should be, so that is my plan for the rest of the day. Well, that and reading several chapters of marketing for school so that I don't get any further behind than I already am! My goal is to be able to take my Marketing exam by the end of next week, and to have the Marketing Plan written up and completed the week after. That will leave me with one month left in my term and I am going to use that month to take a Business Research and Writing course (which only requires me to write one paper to pass!) and a Finance, Accounting and IT exam. I scored really well on the pre-assessment for the Finance, Accounting and IT course, so a little bit of studying and I'll be good to go! Once all of this is completed and passed, I will have finished 20 units this term.
 
20 units completed isn't what I had originally intended to finish this term with. I had hoped to finish at least 26, but between work, KBug and everything else going on in my life, this is what I can manage. I'm just going to have to kill the rest of my units off in the first few weeks of summer in order to finish by the end of August. I think I can do, and that's half the battle, right? It will all work out. I have faith!
 
 
Now it's time for me to actually get started on all the things I have to do today. Laundry and organizing, here I come!
 
Oh, and she doesn't know it yet, but KBug is about to clean her room and put away her laundry.
 
Any bets on how long it's going to take her to get it all done?

4 comments:

  1. Great Job cleaning it up

    Navin
    www.monthlyfreebiez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Although I'm sure it was tiring. I wish I could do that much cleaning in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garage looks great! I'm sure it feels great to have that done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina, First I want to thank you for visiting my blog. This project was a bug undertaking, I have several similar, one is my closet and the other my office. My son has built me shelves now and all I need is the energy to go through, purge and organize. Your arm did not look good, hope its better now. Hope you have a great week, Karren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...