Image Map

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Calling All Night Owls! KBug's Having a Party!

KBug's birthday is coming up in just a few shorts weeks! Two and a half actually....

Oh geez...
I'm going to be the mama of a 7 year old...

Which means that her birthday party is coming up in 3 weeks and I have really got to get to planning! I honestly haven't done much of anything except purchase the Owl birthday set she happened across at WalMart and said she just had to have for her birthday party.

I have never done a party using a theme from WalMart
I don't much like it... But I'll deal with it...
Somehow...Maybe...
 
So I've purchased this owl set, I've made arrangements with a good friend of mine to bake an owl cake and that's about as far as I've gotten.
 
Unless you count the 57 pins on my KBug's 7th Birthday- Owls board on Pinterest...
Oh, and the 150 pins on my Birthday Ideas board...
Ok, so maybe I have a few too many ideas going on all at the same time??
 
Anyhow... I need a place to put together all of my favorite ideas for KBug's birthday party this year, and this just seemed like the perfect planning spot for me! I'm on here all the time, I can't misplace it and it's password protected so no one can mess with it!
 
So here are a few of my decorating ideas...


 
I really love the way this all comes together. Unfortunately, my light fixture hangs right in the middle of my dining room, so I would have to group the balloons around the top of the light fixture, but I still think it would be cute, and it's probably still possible to bring together!

via


 
I also really love these balloons arranged into flowers. The colors I'll be using for her party are purple, teal and orange so I think I could make these and have them turn out looking really adorable up on the walls in the dining room, and probably a couple out on the back porch!

via

KBug's party is going to be a Friday night sleepover, probably starting at 5:30 or 6. Which means that I will have limited time to set everything up because I won't be home until 4 at the earliest. Oh boy... Basically I am going to have to rely on help from GMa and PJP. So, if we have time, I really want to do this up the walkway to the house in alternating colors of purple and either the teal or orange! I think it'd be really cute!

via



Since this is going to be a "Night Owl" party, I am planning on spending some time outdoors. But I don't want to have the outdoor lights on because they're very bright and that's just no fun. So I'm going to string up some balloons with glow sticks in them to give some light, but not too much. I wouldn't have ever thought to string them up, though, if it weren't for this pin.

via
 
We have these gorgeous pillars that section off the dining room from the living room in our home. And I've draped twisted streamers between them for every birthday since KBug turned 2. I'm pretty certain it' time for a change. I found this idea and thought it would be pretty in those spaces.

via









And then to be all cute and matching, I'm going to make this with an empty, clean can. Purple duct tape and a bow and we'll be all set!

via





And I think that's really all that I have planned in terms of decorations at the moment. I'm going to set the table up with plates and napkins, put the utensils in the middle, and each girl will have a little wooden owl with their name written on it so they know where their seat is. KBug is big into assigned seating. Hopefully no one will have an issue with that!

Food is another thing entirely. KBug is getting to be more and more picky as she gets older.... I don't much like it... But it is what it is.

I just love these owl meat and cheese platters! While she is getting picky, I can always count on KBug to swallow down some ham and cheese. So I am hopeful that this will get her actually eating with her friends. How can you go wrong with meat and cheese??
via

I'm a huge fan of making sure kids eat their vegetables. Seriously, I am all over the students at school to be sure to eat them when they have hot lunch. They're so good for you, even if you don't like them! So I thought this would be a great idea for the girls. It will keep them from double-dipping and spreading germs to one another and it also gives them something healthy and good for them!

via


Since we'll be having veggies, I think we should have a fruit option, as well. Mostly because I know there are some kids who really just won't eat their veggies and I want to get something healthy into them. It's a good thing there's a variety of fruits to choose from so that I can put together a Fruit Pizza Bar! A little bit of yogurt on a pizza dough crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar before baked, with their choice of fruit toppings. Sounds yummy to me!

via




Breakfast the next morning I'm not entirely sure about yet. I'm still deciding, but I've narrowed it down to a couple of options.







Pancakes on sticks.

via


Donut Ka-bobs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Or crockpot eggs, bacon and hasbrowns
 
via
 
Decisions, decisions, decisions. I'll make up my mind eventually. And I have a feeling I'm probably going to go for the crockpot option since there's nothing that could potentially be used as a weapon involved in eating it. Plastic forks don't count.
 
 
I'm fairly certain that I won't need much in the way of crafts and activities for these girls because we will start later in the evening and spend most of our time eating and outdoors that Friday night. But I would like to have them do something so they don't feel like they walked away having done nothing. So that Saturday morning we are going to make two crafts.
 
 
 
They are going to make an owl mask, which I will preassemble for them to decorate. Basically I'm going to print a template onto cardstock and cut it out. Once it's cut out, I'm going to glue it to a black foam mask from a craft supplies store. Then I will let them have fun with crayons, colored pencils, stickers and feathers!


via

I also want to make a canvas with them. I would have to paint the canvases ahead of time, but I think that would be okay. Then I would give them owl pieces that I pre-cut from scrapbook paper for them to glue onto the canvas and create their own owl artwork piece. But instead of gluing on wings, I want to combine this idea with a cute craft I found and paint their hands to be the wings. That way their owl artwork will really be their own!
via


And aside from that? We're going to have cake, of course, and standard movie snacks like popcorn an pretzels. I'm going to set up air mattresses in the living room for them to share and I think we're going to be watching Legend of the Guardians when it's time to settle down.

Now I'm feeling a whole lot better about this party because I have all my ideas in one place. That helps a little bit because I don't feel like I have to go searching through my Pinterest every time I want to put something together. And that's a very good thing because I have a tendency to get distracted when I log in to Pinterest.....

So that's KBug's 7th birthday party in a nutshell. Now we just have to see if I can pull it off!

7 comments:

  1. I love pinterest. I haven't really had to use it for party stuff yet but I know one day I will. And it's right there at my finger tips. All these are great ideas. As long as you have some help I'm sure the party will be a great success. I love the theme of course b/c I love owls. You should check out my pinterest. I have lots of owl stuff on it. If you need the link just let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ideas look fab! I'm sure you'll pull it off amazingly :)

    Passing by from the Weekend Social Mix blog hop xo

    Futures; a Beauty & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute ideas!! Newest follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kym! I am following you back! I loved your post about the SodaStream! Too funny :)

      Delete
  4. What a great ideas for her party, I just planned my 10yr old's party.. but I have to take the easier way out this year and do it out at places since were moving in 12 weeks across country. And I have another one in May he'll be the bit 5!

    Wanted to stop in and say I nominated you for the Liebster Award. So follow over to my blog, check it out and join. Enjoy the fun and the new follows you'll get too! http://coreycreativecorner.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html
    ~ Corey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you! I'll be sure to check it out! :)
      There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a party out of the home! Some days I feel like maybe I should do that... But that wouldn't be easy to do with a sleepover.
      Have fun with both parties! 10 and 5 are big years!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...