Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

So Simply Sweet {Liebster Award}

The wonderful Michelle over at Diary of a Fit Single Mom recently nominated me for a Liebster award! That makes three for me and my little blog, and I feel so incredibly blessed to be accepted and recognized in the blogging world in this way. The people I have met and follow through their blogs are absolutely amazing, and Michelle is no exception. Her writing is real and honest. She doesn't hold back.

I'm not kidding, she really doesn't.
Check out this post.
I may be biased when it comes to that particular post because I've actually written a very similar one and experienced exactly what she is going through...
 
Anyways. On to the Liebster.


So the way this works is I was nominated and given a set of 11 questions to answer. To go with the 11 answered questions, I have to give 11 facts about myself. Once I've completed both of those tasks, it is my job to come up with 11 new questions for 11 new nominees of my choosing. So here we go!
 
11 Facts:
 
- I have a terrible tendency to fold the laundry, but never put it away...
- I'm a Pinterest addict (check out my boards here)
- I get really frustrated when I get stuck at a certain point on games on my phone and usually give up and delete the game entirely.
- I procrastinate. A lot.
- I love, love, love my job as a Middle School teacher this year.
- My favorite song to sing is "Merry Go Round" by Kacey Musgraves.
- Going to Raleigh or Greenville means I'm coming home with a new pair of shoes. Always.
- I have five half-siblings.
- I've only met my biological father twice in my life.
- I reorganize and clean my house when I'm really stressed.
- I have 5 living generations of women in my family. Mother to daughter from my Great-Grandma all the way down to my KBug.
 

11 Q&A For Me:
 
-Other than blogging what is your most favorite hobby?
Singing. I love to sing. And I'll sing just about anywhere. My car, the shower, down the halls at work, at church (depending on the song...). Give me somewhere to sing, I'll do it.

-Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
10 years from now I see myself with my M.S. in Mathematics Education for grades 5-12, owning a home and teaching KBug how to drive how to be a responsible and respectable young woman.

-What is your favorite song?
My favorite song changes depending on the day and my mood. Right now, though? I'm gonna go with... "Catch My Breath" by Kelly Clarkson.

-When was your last vacation?
The last vacation I had and actually went anywhere was last summer. We flew to Reno and had a family reunion, then I drove to Vegas and spent a weekend there. Then we continued driving and spent three and a half weeks in the Phoenix area with my mom, and took a three day trip to San Diego in there.

-What is your favorite food?
Mexican. Specifically enchiladas.

-What is one thing that really annoys you?
Pictures and such that aren't level when they're hung.

-How long have you been blogging?
I've had various blogs since 2010, but I started this one in February 2013 and I'm sticking to it.

-Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Extrovert.

-What is something that you would love to do but are to afraid to?
Skydive. I'm terrified, but I want to do it so badly.

-What is your guilty pleasure?
I buy Cosmopolitan every month. I honestly don't even know what it is that I enjoy about it, or why I feel bad for liking it. But I do.

11 Q&A For Nominees:

*Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
*What is your favorite childhood memory?
*Do you prefer dogs or cats?
*If you could go back in time and change one thing, would you?
*What's your favorite quote?
*Do you have allergies other than seasonal allergies?
*Would you rather run or ride a bike?
*Summer or Winter?
*Sneakers or Flip-flops?
*What was your favorite toy growing up?
*What inspired you to start your blog?

11 Nominees:

- Amanda at Where There Is Love, There Is Life
- Nora at This little Love
- Alena at The Adventures of the Pidala Family Five
- Justine at Tantrums and Tea Parties
- Karen at Nada Nada Limonada
- Darla at Mom's World
- Jessie at Then I Laughed
- Holly at The Morrow
- Emily at Osborne || My Life in Words
- LB at LB in Wonderland
- Jen at Jen's Tangled Threads

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination, Christine. I'll get right on these Q&A and nominations and fun facts. *whew*

    And I'm a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of facts in common, especially about the laundry, haha!

    Thank you SO much for nominating me and my little blog ;D I'm going to check out your nominees now and I'll have my own post up on the weekend. Great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank so much for nominating me! and I'm posting this up tomorrow for a quick friday post since I was so busy today and tomorrow morning- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, lady! :) I feel honored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...