Image Map

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Time to Get Caught Up

This past week was our Spring Break. But it definitely wasn't much of a "break". We had something going on every day. And it wasn't anything like "hey, let's go to the beach" or "maybe we could go shopping". No. That wasn't it at all.

We cleaned.
The attic.
The storage unit.
The garage.
The house.
KBug's bedroom.
The backyard.

This was our spring cleaning week because when else are two teachers going to get a chance to get any cleaning done? And we could just as PJP, but we would still be in the same situation because his definition of "clean" isn't the same as ours.
 
So, GMa and I spent our "break" working and putting our home life back in order.
 
Honestly, I think it was totally worth it. I'm not paying for a storage unit anymore, all of our holiday decorations are in the attic where we have wanted them to be for years now, and we can fit two cars in the garage again.
 
Not that being able to fit two cars in the garage really matters because mine won't ever make it in there.
 
A big thank you PJP's broken car that sits in my driveway just taking up space. 
 
Anyways, so our lives are getting back to normal. Which means there's still the standard laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, yard work, etc. to take care of on an ongoing basis.
 
Maybe one of these days the list won't seem so endless and I'll actually feel like I've made a dent in my to-do list.
 
So, now that spring break is over, KBug is going back to school, GMa is going back to work and PJP and I have to dive head first into schoolwork.
 
I'm behind because I've been called in as a substitute repeatedly over the last couple of months. Apparently I'm good at my job or something? And they like having me come in more often and work with the children? Hey, it works for me! I love every minute of it!
 
But, at the same time, I chose to take the job description with less hours so that I had more time to focus on school work... So while I'm off loving spending time with the students, I'm losing out on time for my own studies... Yeah, I'm working on that one.
 
Basically I have a lot of work to do in the next month and a half.
 
But it isn't anything at all compared to what PJP has left to do... I thought he had one government test and two semesters of English to complete. Oh no. PJP has one government test and two years of English to finish. By May 15th. Which is in, like, six weeks.
 
We've got a lot of work to do.
 
So our next few weeks are booked solid. With schoolwork. Yippee!
 
Except that we also have to add in my choir concerts. Oh, and KBug's birthday. Oh, and then there's KBug's sleepover birthday party, too. And Mr. Deployed should be home shortly after all of the happens.
 
Can I panic now???
 
Well, off I go to do some more reading for school. Fundamentals of Marketing and Business Communication. I got this.
 
And I'm going to cuddle our new dog, Trixie, while I'm at it.
 
KBug and Trixie a few hours after we adopted her

Trixie in the backyard

She is very clear on her function as a lap dog and a cuddle puppy
 
Have a wonderful night, everyone, and if you don't hear from me for a few days.... That means I'm doing what I should be and actually studying.
 
That'd be a good thing.


2 comments:

  1. Ok first I'm confused on who's pjp. Glad you got all of that done. Now can you come help me. or give me some tips and motivation speech. LOL There's so much I want and need to do but they time i get up and then want to do it I dont feel like it. weird huh. it'll get done. I did clean 2 closets out LOL
    Good luck on the studying and all. You can do it. You put your mind to the cleaning so now you can set your mind to the studying. I'm glad I dont have any more of that to. Need to set my eyes and mind on finding a job

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an utterly adorable lap dog!! I've spent the last hour pouring over your posts. So glad I found your blog.

    Thanks for commenting on What Jean Likes. Just getting back to everyone who commented now!! I'm following you via GFC

    Have a lovely week!

    Aloha,

    Jean // What Jean Likes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Now that you've read my thoughts, why don't you leave yours?

Related Stories

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...